Thursday, June 09, 2005

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
Hey, Sorry I have not been on so much lately...seems like I have had time to check mail and log off again...

Trishymouse says:
Jesus, don't DO that!

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
I got laid off for the summer though...along with many others...so maybe I will have more time until the fall when I get hired again...

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
What?

Trishymouse says:
I just sat down at my computer at home on my lunch break and BAM you message me. It's freakin' spooky!

umsalih@hotmail.com
says:
What can I say...I must be a little clairvoyant

Trishymouse says:
Sorry to hear that (about the lay off)

Trishymouse
says:
How's Meran coming with job hunting?

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
Me and Meran saw a good movie on friday...Turtles can fly...a kurdish film...very good, but very sad...

Trishymouse says:
I'll make a note of it and check it out...

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
I will im you the site later...if you don't google it first...

Trishymouse says:
Kurdish cinema (middle east cinema in general) really is growing!

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
Yea, the guy who did this one has made several films...and Meran was an extra in this one...he usually isn't that in to foreign films...

Trishymouse says:
How did Meran get to be an extra in this??

Trishymouse says:
I just found a good review by Roger Ebert on the film

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
They asked his unit to be involved as the US soldiers in the film....so he was one of the drivers...

Trishymouse says:
cool! You should post all of this on your blog 5 hours north!! I might do so if you don't beat me to it, on the waitingplace one...

Trishymouse says:
The review by Roger Ebert is very good, Eva - you should read it...

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
About Meran being in it, or my thoughts...?

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
I did right now...

Trishymouse says:
Ebert is the best critic in my opinion - very thoughtful...

Trishymouse says:
both

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
Yes, very good articulation of the beauty of the film...

Trishymouse says:
Meran should be very proud to be in such a good film. Tell him I think it was great!

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
I cried at the end...it has a very sad ending...that is forshadowed at the beginning...but very good...

Trishymouse says:
I wonder if Meran and his family ran into creative people like that in the camps, who did what they had to, to get along?

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
Probably...I should ask...

Trishymouse says:
Did the story ring true to Meran

Trishymouse says:
I will bug the Fargo Theatre to bring this one to town and show it...

Trishymouse says:
Now, back to Meran - what's the latest in job prospects, and staying here versus moving to Iraq, etc.?

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
Yea, you should...ours came to a little local theatre that does low budget or foreign films...

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
Well that guy from North Carolina called both Meran and I back and is interested in us both...they are thinking to have us fly up there for the next inteview session...so that is possiblity...

Trishymouse says:
yes!

Trishymouse says:
I SO hope you guys get the jobs. I'm thrilled they want BOTH of you!

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
They were especially taken with me, because lack of kurdish/english linguist in field of Journalism...

Trishymouse says:
I'm so proud of you

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
Well I told them it had to be that way...I mean they were still intrested in him, but I told them I would not travel there without him (overseas that is)

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
I will let you go...later I love you

umsalih@hotmail.com says:
Meran also says thank you and hello...

Trishymouse says:
hello there Meran - and goodbye to both of you!

No comments: