Monday, September 15, 2003

Eva now knows when she'll be leaving to visit Meran, with a tenative return next February...
trishymouse says:
Just am reading your email...10/2, eh?
Eva/Nirgaz says:
yeah...just got to apply for visa on monday, more nervous actually
trishymouse says:
I'm confused. I thought you said you did that already...??
trishymouse says:
(I hope you get a flight in Komishlu...12 hours on a bus with 3 kids...NOT fun...!!)
Eva/Nirgaz says:
no, not yet, just got passports, but visas for Syria will come quickly
trishymouse says:
I'm almost laughing at the journey you're taking...the only thing missing are the camels!!
Eva/Nirgaz says:
tell me about it
trishymouse says:
What an adventure though...You'll have to 'pack smart'...it'll take some real planning to know what's truly important to take, and I'm not just talking clothes. I'm sure you've been thinking about that, eh?
Eva/Nirgaz says:
yes, I am probably going to keep everything at a minimum, can buy stuff there
trishymouse says:
I am SO excited for Eva that she can go to Kurdistan and see Meran and other family there!!
trishymouse says:
I'm curious, since you bought a ticket on a particular date, does that mean Meran will still be coming over and surprising you?
Eva/Nirgaz says:
he isn't now
trishymouse says:
He's too busy, I suppose, eh?
Eva/Nirgaz says:
he is now in Zakho and doesn't want to leave for fear they will move him to a different city
trishymouse says:
Good idea. I agree with him in that case...makes sense...
trishymouse says:
I suppose he can't really talk about specifics, but do you know what KIND of translation he has been doing? What type of situations does he work in, etc.?
Eva/Nirgaz says:
The city he is in is fairly safe, on the Turkish border, only real problem would be if the Turks decided to make some trouble
Eva/Nirgaz says:
no, not yet, may know more when I can orally talk to him there
trishymouse says:
Well you know they definitely don't like the idea that the Kurds (heaven forbid!) get ahold of oil-rich land...then they could actually have power. The Turks wouldn't like that, of course...

No comments: