Friday, May 07, 2004

Eva/Nirgaz says:

Still no word from Meran*.

Da Mouse says:

Is the plan that he was to be on touch by now about when exactly he'll be coming...?

Eva/Nirgaz says:

Although yesterday I called his Uncle Issa, he said Meran was there the other night and told him he still had not received word of when he would be able to take vacation and there was a possibility of him being moved to Mosul  I told him to have Meran contact me ASAP.  As it is I am anxious, not knowing if or when he will be coming now.

Da Mouse says:

I don't blame you.  I think people like Meran are much needed.  But that shouldn't mean he can't have much-needed leave!  Let me know as soon as you know...

Eva/Nirgaz says:

Yours and Grandma Lewis' letter helped yesterday, I was feeling low.

Da Mouse says:

What did Grandma Lewis have to say?

Eva/Nirgaz says:

The boys are really missing him lately, they mentioned they were thinking about visiting their dad, I said hopefully he will be coming.  They miss him so much that it makes it even more difficult for me because I can't do anything about it. She just sent a really nice card for Mother's day, like you did

Da Mouse says:

I sure hope you can come soon.  Everyone wants to see you, including Grandma Short!!

Eva/Nirgaz says:

I am sending you and her a card by the way. I know she knows I care, but I am sure the card will cheer her up to know I am thinking of her these days extra special. 

If nothing else, maybe me and Meran's cousins Kasar, etc. will come up if Meran is not able.  I was thinking about that.

Da Mouse says:

She'll love it.  She loved getting mail!  Mail is actually better than a phone call, because she forgets so easily.  With a letter or card, she picks it up and reads and re-reads and it means a lot to her...

Eva/Nirgaz says:

I figured that...She was quite the letter writer at one time.

Da Mouse says:

That would be great.  I sure hope Meran can get away, though.  He needs it, the boys need it, you need it.  But just remember if it doesn't happen as soon as you want, you'll make it.  It would be hard, but you would.  Just remember how Grandma Short was without Grandpa for nearly 3 years during WWII, and later when he was  on railroad extra gang he was gone working on the road a lot. She hated that, though...I hope for
your sake he comes home SOON!!!

Eva/Nirgaz says:

That's neat to know.  We are very similar, falling in love so young, being separated from them due to war, etc.  It's neat because I feel a special bond with her, not that I haven't always felt especially close to her, but now having experienced similar things I can relate to her better.  AMEN, (about him coming home) for me and the boys. 



*Meaning final confirmation...

No comments: