Sunday, May 23, 2004

I couldn't stand it. This afternoon I called Eva to find out what the heck is going on. Golizar answered (Meran's sister), I asked for Eva. I heard more voices than I expected in the background. That got me wondering. Next thing I knew, there's a very familiar voice saying hello. "Meran?!" I exclaimed. "Hello, hello!" he laughed. "You got home!" "Yes, it's good to be back." Eva came on the line. "Hi, Mom!" I asked when Meran got in. Eva explained yesterday she was really down, wondering when Meran was ever going to get home. She took a nap, and was awakened by a phone call from Ajiza, Meran's younger sister, saying Meran had just called from Philadelphia where he had landed in the USA, and was on the last leg home to Nashville. Eva began crying, and Ajiza asked why she would be crying at such great news. I totally understand. It was overwhelming! They hope to be here by the end of next week. I am SO excited to see everyone!

No comments: